Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How can I learn to read sheet music (guitar)?

I have been playing for a little over a year and a half now and I have become quite skilled and want to improve my knowledge of the instrument.





Do I need a teacher?





Can I self-teach this (using internet, books, videos, etc.)?





How long does it take to learn to read music?





Is it hard to do?





Is it worth it?How can I learn to read sheet music (guitar)?
The best way to improve on any instrument is with lessons from a good qualified local instructor. There are also guitar classes at most colleges. A good teacher can guide you in the process and also help you learn more about technique as well as harmony and theory.How can I learn to read sheet music (guitar)?
Learning to read guitar (classical) and piano sheet music will be very difficult if you have never had any formal training. The best thing to do would be to get an instructor fluent in music theory so he/she would be able to teach you how to properly read music. I was in band all through high school so That is how I learned to read music. but before you find a teacher, learning a little about theory is a lot better than going in cold turkey. Google how to read sheet music for tips and avdice.
there are a books called guitar method 1 , 2 , 3 . those are good books !, to start any how !

No comments:

Post a Comment