Thursday, March 11, 2010

What orchestra instrument's sheet music is compatible with a guitar?

Hey!


I play guitar and I was wondering what instrument typically played in an orchestra or school band has a range and pitch similar enough to that of a guitar that I could read that instruments sheet music and play it with my guitar? If that's kind of hard to understand, an example would be playing a piano's sheet music with a guitar, and it sounding good, but I'm not sure if that's possible.. that's why I'm asking you! Thanks!What orchestra instrument's sheet music is compatible with a guitar?
Piano, Bass, Flute, Oboe, Trombone, Tuba, Mallets (xylophones, vibraphones, etc..), Violin, Cello, Viola. Of course, some of those will be out of the guitars actual note range, but they are all compatible. Good Luck man.

No comments:

Post a Comment