Sunday, March 7, 2010

Where can I learn to transfer sheet music into guitar tabs?

I have a book of sheet music, all for playing on guitar, but there's a bit of a problem. I only know how to read tabs. I mean, I can read sheet music and know which notes are which, but I can't transfer that onto a guitar. Is there some website that could show me how to turn sheet music into guitar tabs? I planned on trying this to teach myself how to play guitar from sheet music.Where can I learn to transfer sheet music into guitar tabs?
I think what you really need is to know where the letters of the music are on the Guitar. Your thinnest string is the E that is on the top space of the staff. 1st fret = F / 2nd fret = F# / 3rd fret = G / 4th fret = G# 5th Fret = A etc... The 2nd string is the B that is in the center of the staff: 1st fret = C / 2nd fret = C# / 3rd fret = D / 4th fret = D# etc... The 3rd string is the G that is the second line of the staff: 1st fet = G# / 2nd Fret = A / 3rd Fret = A#. The fourth string is the D that is just under the bottom line of the staff. 1st Fret = D# / 2nd fret = E / 3rd fret = F / 4th fret = F#. The fifth string is the A that has two ledgers lines below the staff: The 1st fret = A# / 2nd fret = B / 3rd fret = C / 4th fret = C#. The sixth string is a low E that is under three ledger lines. 1st Fret = F / 2nd fret = F# / 3rd fret = G / 4th fret = G#. Using this info you can either learn to play off the notes or use the information to translate them into tabulature. There's a chart on the stie below that might help.Where can I learn to transfer sheet music into guitar tabs?
I can read sheet music and tablacature just fine, If you need help you can email me.
I'm trying to learn it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment